I have had the same goals for the past two years and so I will re-post them again.
1) Do something about my job situation, whether that means a new job and forget ministry all together, or do something to get into ministry.
2) Do more to care for our planet (i.e. recycling, conserving energy, etc.)
3) To live my life in light of these deep and profound words…
I have done a pretty good job of continuing on the path of these goals. For the first one, I have been sending out resumes and will continue to do so. Things are pretty bleak here in the state of Michigan because of the economy and with me having a job tied closely to the automobile industry it is no secret that times are very tough. It is quite possible that the company I work for could go out of business or I could get laid off, so a job change may happen whether I am ready or not.
I have a couple of ideas of things to do. One thing that I have been toying with is the idea of becoming a personal trainer. I love going to the gym and have become somewhat of a fitness nut, and so I thought that it would be a natural fit. Not too mention that I have always loved motivating people to make better choices in their lives, so it really wouldn’t be too different than ministry. I don’t know just some thoughts. I also have thought about teaching. Especially after having this 12 day Christmas break.
My wife and I have been continuing doing what we can to reduce, reuse and recycle. It really isn’t as hard as I thought it would be and it is amazing how good you feel knowing that you are doing something to help make this planet a better place for our kids.
I can’t even begin to express how much better I feel in regards to my interactions with people, because I always look for ways to make sure that “love wins”. I am a much calmer driver and person. I honestly don’t get to frazzled when I am in a long grocery line or caught in traffic. Don’t get me wrong there are still times when I do lose my cool, but overall I am much better.
I do have a couple of fitness goals that I plan on adding to my goals for the year.
1) To run a 10K. I don’t really care about a time, I just want to be able to do it. After running in the Turkey Trot 5K I realized that if I run a bit of a slower pace that I could do a 10K.
2) To continue working towards competing in a mini-triathlon. I have seen a couple of them on runmichigan.com and so I will shoot for doing one probably in 2010. I am really working on trying to get the swimming portion of it down. I am pretty confident in being able to do the running and biking portion. I even saw one in Coldwater, MI that I might be able to do this year.
3) I plan on running in several more 5K’s again this year. My first one this year will be the Winter Witch’s Hat Run 7 February 2009. My friend Eric talked me into running a race in the middle of winter. That is crazy!
So do you make resolutions or goals? If so, share some with me.